#recipe #curing #handofglory
Take the right or left hand of a felon who is hanging from a gibbet beside a highway; wrap it in part of a funeral pall and so wrapped squeeze it well. Then put it into an earthenware vessel with zimat, nitre, salt and long peppers, the whole well powdered. Leave it in this vessel for a fortnight, then take it out and expose it to full sunlight during the dog-days until it becomes quite dry. If the sun is not strong enough put it in an oven with fern and vervain. Next make a kind of candle from the fat of a gibbeted felon, virgin wax, sesame and pine oil, and use the Hand of Glory as a candlestick to hold this candle when lighted, and then those in every place into which you go with this baneful instrument shall remain motionless.
Hand of Glory
Ever want to blind everyone in a room, and unlock all doors? The hand of glory is the key to both, and easy to make. You need to make it in the hottest days of the year, a convection oven, or a food dehydrator. You also need access to a passed felon or known murder that has been unconvicted.
Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: Two Weeks Additional Time: 45 min. Total Time. 15 Days
- Left Hand of Felon, exsanguinated using cotton linens.
- 100 grams virgin wax
- 100 grams fellon tallow
- 100 grams salt
- 50 grams sesame oil
- 12 grams nitre
- 10 grams zimat
- 5 grams pine oil
- 3 dried long pepers
- 20 fern fronds(optional for drying)
- 5 heads of verbena(optional for drying)
- Remove linens from hand. Let rest for 5 minutes..
- Grind the zimat, nitre, salt and dried long peppers into powder.
- Roll the hand in powder, put the hand and remaining powder into a earthen pot with a tight heavy lid.
- During the next two weeks make a candle using hair of the felon, gibbeted felon tallow, virgin wax, sesame and pine oil. Use any basic recipe for tallow/wax candles and include the pine oil, and sesame oil. Use the hair in place of a wick.
- After two weeks dust off the hand. Dry in the hottest sun for several days or a convection oven(using the ferns and verbena as the bedding)at 66c for Six hours.
- Place a candle in the hand like a candlestick before lighting the hair.
Alternatively you could make a necklace from the hand for ceremonies and summonings.