The Rockford Files Files Drinking Game
(AKA Rockford Files Bingo)
by DB Spitzer
The Rockford Files was one of my favorite shows growing up, and I used to watch it on an old b/w TV. Weekdays it was always on KPTV-12 in Portland, Oregon mid-afternoon, after Perry Mason, but before Bonanza. I remember thinking it was filmed in North Portland, because I thought everything you saw on TV was filmed in your town until I was Six. I used to stand on the porch and hope Jim Rockford would drive down my street(him or Fonzie), or ask me for help. Give me a break, it was 1979-81, and I was Three-Six years old.
Also, Rockford Files was awesome to watch when I was sick. Alternatively the following list could also be put on a BINGO board. Rockford Files is on Hulu and Netflix currently(8/10/16).
The rules are simple, if something on the list happens you drink. Drinking games are kinda dumb, this is mostly to point out specific things happen on TRF. Yeah it’s a little formulaic, but it’s never mean spirited or dumb. It’s a fun, action packed TV show that looks like a movie.
- Answering Machine, you drink(center of the BINGO board).
- The weeks guest is someone famous(Lindsay Wagner, James Woods, etc.).
- CAR CHASE!(drink during the whole car chase, and don’t try this at home)
- Jim gets punched.
- Jim punches someone. Two drinks if he suckerpunches the person.
- If Jim spends all day, or takes an overnight trip doing something that would take a minute with a smartphone, or computer.
- Jim uses a gun, drink your whole drink.
- Someone is doing something that is now illegal(no seat belts, smoking inside a public building, etc.).
- Local police acting like jerks.
- Organized Crime acting like jerks.
- Rich people acting like jerks.
- Young innocent woman in trouble.
- Close-up on a goon.
- You see an area used to film M*A*S*H.
- Jim gets drugged, you drink.
- Jim uses a clever detective trick.
- Rocky is on the screen.
- a variation of the theme song is played.
- Jim uses a false identity.
- Jim solves a crime.
- Jim gets Kidnaped.
- Jim stumbles onto a greater conspiracy.
- Jim gets paid.
- A Murder?
!!!WARNING! DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME WITH HARD ALCOHOL!!!
!!!WARNING! THIS ISN’T A GOOD IDEA!!!
!!!IT MIGHT KILL YOU!!!
Also, I am getting back to work on my Rockford Files Files Podcast again, it may be a occasional bonus episode. Yeah it’s a little formulaic, but it’s never mean spirited or dumb. It’s a fun, action packed TV show that looks like a movie. They will be super short in comparison to regular PGttCM episodes.