My current set up for podcasting is as follows.
- a microphone from newegg by a company in china that doesn’t have a website.
- a bluetooth keyboard my mac doesn’t recognize, yet somehow it works.
- Headphones I got for X-mas a few years back.
- textedit(for super rough outlines of what i’m going to ramble on about).
- garageband from iLife ’09
- mid-2009 13″ macbook pro (upgraded to 4GB, busted s key, busted trackpad)
Somehow it worked. You could buy a macbook like mine for around $460-500.
(If it’s busted like mine it would probably be closer to $200-300)
The Mic was $12
The Keyboard was $24
You could build a mobile setup like mine for as little as $256.
Also, if you have a 1st Gen. iPod Nano laying around, you can send it back to apple for a replacement(bad battery). I did this, and they gave me a current gen iPod Nano, no headphones, just an adapter for the older usb cables iPods, and iPhones use.
Contact Apple here